Blood glucose meters: point-of-care testing
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- Part of:
- In vitro diagnostic (IVD) devices: use, safety and management and Medical devices: safety guidance
- 14 September 2005
Advice for healthcare professionals on the use and management of blood glucose meters.
PDF, 190KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This Medicines and Healthcare Products Regualtory Agency (MHRA) guidance for healthcare professionals covers:
- managing blood glucose meters
- choice of equipment
- units used for glucose measurement in the UK
- training for staff who use blood glucose meters
- results of blood glucose tests
- sample quality and type
- consumables (test strips, lancets etc)
- contra-indications and interferences
- standard operating procedures
- quality control and assessment
- record keeping
Published: 14 September 2005