Biosecurity and preventing disease
What you can do to prevent your birds from becoming sick with diseases like avian influenza and newcastle disease.
Ref: PB11380 PDF, 88.2KB, 12 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Guidance on what you can do to prevent your birds from becoming sick with diseases like avian influenza and newcastle disease.
In particular, you should:
- review and assess the risk of disease to your birds with your vet
- plan how you will manage any free range birds if there is a need to isolate them from wild birds
- feed and water birds indoors where possible to reduce mixing between your birds and wild birds
- practice good biosecurity
- be vigilant and monitor your birds frequently