Form COP1C: Apply to make decisions on someone's behalf (finances)

Use Form COP1C to describe the decisions you need to make for someone about their will or codicil, gifts, deed of variation or settlements of property.


Annex C - Supporting information for statutory will, codicil, gift(s), deed of variation or settlement of property

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Read the guidance notes in the form before you fill it in.

You also need to fill in:

For gifts, deeds of variation or settlements of property, you also need to fill in Form COP3: Make a report on someone’s capacity to make decisions.

A codicil is a document that explains, modifies or revokes a will or part of one. Find out about changing a will after a death.

Read more about making decisions on behalf of someone, including the forms you need to fill in when you apply to be a deputy.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 December 2017