Form COP1D: Apply to make decisions on someone's behalf (appoint or discharge a trustee)

Use Form COP1D to give supporting information for your application to appoint or discharge a trustee as part of a Court of Protection order.


Annex D - Supporting information for applications to appoint or discharge a trustee

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Read the guidance notes in the form before you fill it in.

You also need fill in Form COP1: Apply to make decisions on someone’s behalf.

Check if you also need to fill in:

Read more about making decisions on behalf of someone, including the forms you need to fill in when you apply to be a deputy.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 December 2017