Apply to surrender a vehicle operator licence

Apply to give up (‘surrender’) a goods vehicle or public service vehicle (PSV) operator licence.


Apply to surrender a goods or public service vehicle operator's licence

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Fill in this form to apply to give up (‘surrender’) your licence. The form must be signed by all partners or directors, or by one with the authority of the others.

You’ll also need to include any of these documents you have:

  • current discs
  • operator’s licence
  • community licence and certified copies

Send the application form and documents to the Office of the Traffic Commissioner.

Central Licensing Office
Hillcrest House
386 Harehills Lane

You can’t apply to surrender a licence online.

Published 30 January 2013
Last updated 22 May 2018 + show all updates
  1. Application updated to include fair processing notice.
  2. Form updated with new contact details.
  3. First published.