Apply for a keeper's certificate for a heavy goods vehicle (HGV)

Apply to get a 'certificate of keeper' for a heavy goods vehicle (HGV) if you're its registered keeper, or get a replacement if the original is lost or stolen.


Application form for certificate of keeper of motor vehicle

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form to get a certificate of keeper of a motor vehicle - or a replacement - from DVSA.

With the form you need to provide copies of:

  • a vehicle’s registration documents
  • the manufacturer’s build specifications
  • the ministry plating certificate
  • any other relevant information

Your application will be delayed if you don’t fill in the form correctly or pay the £25 fee (or £13 for a replacement).

Send your application using the technical application system.

You can also send the application by post.

DVSA technical service branch

Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
Technical and support services
The Ellipse
Padley road


Published 15 July 2013