Application for duplicate citizenship certificate: form NC

Form to apply for a replacement certificate of registration or naturalisation as a British citizen.


Application for duplicate citizenship certificate: Form NC

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form if you have lost or damaged a citizenship certificate that was issued after October 1986 and want a new one. You cannot replace a certificate that was issued before October 1986.

Published 1 January 2013
Last updated 21 December 2017 + show all updates
  1. Updated form.
  2. Updated guidance.
  3. First published.