Alternative provision census 2017: technical specification
Business and technical specification for local authorities and software suppliers preparing for the alternative provision census 2017.
Ref: DFE-00138-2016 PDF, 717KB, 35 pages
MS Excel Spreadsheet, 211KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com . Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This is technical information about submitting data for the alternative provision census 2017.
- suppliers of software for school and local authority management information systems (MIS)
- local authority users of MIS software
The specification describes:
- what data local authorities should supply
- how to structure the data in XML
Software suppliers should use the list of validation rules so that local authorities can validate the data they submit.
You should also read the common basic data set (CBDS). This defines common data items that schools use in MIS software and that we use in our data collections.
Published: 20 May 2016
Updated: 9 January 2017
- Updated specification and validation rules documents, which include version history sections explaining the changes.
- Corrected the date on the ‘Alternative provision census 2017: validation rules’ document
- First published.
From: Department for Education