Documents setting out the UK’s plan for reducing roadside nitrogen dioxide concentrations.
PDF, 345KB, 11 pages
PDF, 3.7MB, 103 pages
PDF, 6.21MB, 155 pages
Statutory air quality plan for nitrogen dioxide (NO2), setting out how the UK will be reducing roadside nitrogen dioxide concentrations.
These documents and zone plans set out our comprehensive approach to meeting the statutory limits for nitrogen dioxide, and the policy background.
The technical report details the modelling techniques and assumptions used when developing the plan.
The Direction requires specified local authorities to carry out studies to identify how to meet legal limits for nitrogen dioxide in the shortest possible time, and sets deadlines.
These documents detail how we will meet our legal requirement to reduce nitrogen dioxide set out in the:
- Air Quality Standards Regulations 2010
- Air Quality Standards (Scotland) Regulations 2010
- Air Quality Standards Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010
- Air Quality Standards (Wales) Regulations 2010
Published: 26 July 2017
Updated: 31 July 2017
- Added the Welsh translation of the detailed plan document, and a link to the published zone plans.
- Direction to local authorities added: the Environment Act 1995 (Feasibility Study for Nitrogen Dioxide Compliance) Air Quality Direction 2017.
- First published.