May Bulletin 5/2016
Special Bulletins / Interim Reports
This section contains Special Bulletins and Interim Reports that have been published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
Sport Aviation / Balloons
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Airbus A319-111 (G-EZIV), incorrect takeoff performance calculation, Lisbon Airport, Portugal, 16 October 2015
- DHC-8-402 Dash 8 (G-FLBA) and Cessna 210M (G-TOTN), C210 go around in proximity to Dash 8 at East Midlands Airport, 12 November 2015
- Piper PA-E23-250 (G-LIZZ), runway excursion after landing, St Mary’s Airport, Isles of Scilly, 20 August 2015
- Cessna F172M (G-BEZR), loss of control after landing, Bembridge Airport, Isle of Wight, 16 February 2016
- Cessna 182H (G-PUGS), nose leg collapsed during landing, Stoke Golding Airfield, Leicestershire, 19 April 2015
- DA20-A1 (G-BXPD), runway excursion during touch-and-go, excessive rudder input, Redhill Aerodrome, Surrey, 26 February 2016
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-CEXO), engine fire on start-up at Durham Tees Valley Airport, 31 January 2016
- Piper PA-28-181 (G-BRUD), propeller ground strike whilst taxiing at Blackpool Airport, 20 December 2015
- Robin DR400/180 (G-CGGO), loss of control during takeoff, Croft Marsh Airfield, Lincolnshire, 13 December 2015
- Robinson R22 Beta (G-EFON), tail rotor struck ground during lift off at Retford Gamston Airport, 25 February 2016
- Socata TB20 (G-SCIP), emergency landing when nose landing gear failed to extend at Sleap Airfield, 21 January 2016
Sport Aviation / Balloons
This section contains Addenda, Corrections and a list of the ten most recent Air Accident reports published by the AAIB.
* Correction: AAR 3/2-15 - Eurocopter (Deutschland) EC135 T2+ (G-SPAO), crashed in Glasgow City Centre, Scotland, 29 November 2013
* Correction: Piper PA-38-112 (G-BWNU), struck a runway light while landing, Cotswold Airport, Gloucestershire, 29 August 2015