The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 1.88MB, 88 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
June Bulletin 6/2016
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
Commercial Air Transport- Rotorcraft
- Sikorsky SK92A (G-VINL), landed on the incorrect oil rig, Golden Eagle Complex, North Sea, 22 August 2014
General Aviation – Rotorcraft
- Bell 206B (G-RAMY), loss of control in flight and rotor/fuselage contact, near Creg-Ny-Baa public house, Isle of Man, 6 June 2015
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Agusta AW139 (G-CHBY), landing on the wrong helideck, Amethyst Field, Southern North Sea, 17 April 2015
- Cessna 525A (G-TBEA), runway excursion during takeoff, Norwich International Airport, 9 January 2016
- Dassault Falcon 20D (G-FRAR), target-tow cable became lodged in the horizontal tailplane during target towing, over Lyme Bay, 21 September 2015
- DHC-8-402 (G-JECR), suspected rapid decompression and emergency descent, en route Birmingham to Aberdeen, 3 February 2016
- Cessna 172S (G-ENNK), flipped inverted following abandoned takeoff at Sherlowe Airstrip, Shropshire, 31 March 2016
- Ground collision between Grumman AA-5 (G-BASH) and Cessna 172N (G-BRBI), Popham Airfield, Hampshire, 2 February 2016
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-BPJS), loss of directional control on landing, Fairoaks Airport, 23 February 2016
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-EHAZ), runway excursion, Breighton Aerodrome, North Yorkshire, 1 April 2016
- Putzer Elster B (G-APVF), hard landing, Top Farm Airfield, Cambridgeshire, 27 June 2015
- Reims Cessna F152 (G-BFEK), tipped over possibly due a combination of wind and helicopter downwash, Gloucestershire Airport, 2 February 2016
- Stewart S-51D Mustang (G-CGOI), loss of control on takeoff, Benwick, Cambridgeshire, 2 August 2015