Air accident monthly bulletin April 2016
The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 2.27MB, 80 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
April Bulletin 4/2016
Summaries of Aircraft Accident Reports
This section contains summaries of Aircraft Accident (‘Formal’) Reports published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
- AAR 1/2016 AS332 L2 Super Puma, G-WNSB struck the sea on approach to Sumburgh Airport in the Shetland Islands, 23 August 2013
AAIB Field Investigations
A Field Investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
General Aviation – Rotorcraft
- Agusta Bell 206B Jet Ranger III (G-OMDR), loss of control in flight, near Gamston Airport, 27 June 2014
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Ikarus C42 FB 80 (G-CEDR), loss of control during takeoff, Newtownards Airport, Northern Ireland, 7 April 2015
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- ATR 72-212 A (EI-REM), aircraft rear fuselage touched runway on landing, Ronaldsway, (Isle of Man) Airport, 22 December 2015
- BAe Avro 146-RJ85 (EI-RJH), landing with low fuel quantity, Belfast International Airport, 12 November 2015
- Cessna Citation CJ2 (D-ISJP), misidentification of landing airfield, Warton Aerodrome, Lancashire, 27 March 2015
- EC135 T1 (G-NWPS), metal object ingested into fenestron tail rotor while landing, Bilsdale, North Yorkshire, 25 November 2015
- Piper PA-31-310 (G-EEJE), emergency landing with main gears retracted at Fadmoor Airfield on 1 January 2016
- Auster J1N (G-AHSS), runway excursion after landing, Great Massingham, 27 June 2015
- ARV1 Super 2 (G-BPMX), engine failure, Lodge Farm, Gainsborough, 22 November 2015
- Glos-Airtourer Series 115 (G-AZRP), engine failure and stall at low height during forced landing, Cathedine, Powys, 19 July 2015
- MCR-01 Club (G-DGHI), runway excursion after landing, Fridd Farm, Kent, 20 September 2015
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-CEZO), engine fire on the ground, Fairoaks, 19 September 2015
- Piper PA-38-112 (G-RVNB), birdstrike on final approach, Liverpool Airport, 2 July 2015