Adjacent holding licence: application (Wales)

Form for cattle keepers in Wales to apply for an adjacent holding licence.

This publication was withdrawn on

This form is no longer in use and has been withdrawn. Adjacent holding licences are no longer issued.

Further information can be found on the Welsh Government website.

Please contact APHA in Wales for advice on the options that are available to you.


Application for an adjacent holding licence for cattle

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Livestock keepers in Wales can apply for a licence (TB19(W)) to move cattle on foot from one holding to an adjacent holding.

This licence only applies in Wales.This includes holdings with Welsh county parish holdings (CPHs) that go across the border between Wales and England.

Approval is subject to a satisfactory risk assessment and is decided by the Veterinary Lead Wales.

In all other cases, cattle must be pre-movement TB tested before they are moved and you must follow movement standstill requirements.

A map of the premises must also be submitted with the completed form.

Published 7 September 2015