Access to Work guide for employers
Employers' guide to Access to Work: money to help disabled people do their jobs.
Access to Work is a specialist disability service from Jobcentre Plus that gives practical advice and support to disabled people, whether they are working, self-employed or looking for employment.
Access to Work is provided where someone needs support or adaptations beyond the reasonable adjustments which an employer is legally obliged to provide under the Equality Act.
British Sign Language (BSL) video
Published: 25 July 2013
Updated: 28 February 2017
- Updated the fact sheet with information about the Access to Work cap from April 2017.
- Updated the 'How to claim' section of the factsheet.
- Updated the fact sheet with information about the Access to Work cap from April 2016.
- Updated the guidance to clarify what happens to Access to Work when someone changes jobs.
- Published updated version of the guide.
- Updated to provide employers with the latest information about Access to Work
- First published.