Academies accounts return
Information to help academy trusts to complete their 2015 to 2016 accounts return.
EFA requires all academy trusts preparing financial statements as at 31 August 2016 and/or with open academies at 31 August 2016 to submit an accounts return for 2015 to 2016 by 31 January 2017.
We’ve published an additional guide with hints and tips about registering for the Hub and setting up the online form.
This page has:
- a guide to setting up the Hub for the academies accounts return
- a quick guide to registration and set-up issues
- a guide to completing the accounts return online form
- a guide to approving and submitting the accounts return
- an Excel workbook that follows the same structure as the new online return to assist trusts with calculating and verifying their figures before they’re entered into the online return
- a guide to completing the accounts return Excel workbook
Please note that within the guide for ‘setting up the Hub for the accounts return’ we’ve:
made it clear that external auditors only have to choose one of their clients in order to register for the Hub and the superuser for that trust should allocate the auditor a role for completing the accounts return. All trusts must enter their auditor details on the auditor information screen of the online form
we’ve updated section 2.6 to describe how superusers allocate themselves a role for the completion of the online form
Within the ‘guide to completing the online form’ we’ve updated section 2.3 to confirm that once the auditor details are entered into the online form the button marked ‘next’ should be pressed.
You can now watch a recording the accounts return webinar which provides an overview of the main features of the return with a panel providing answers to questions from academy trusts.
EFA uses information in the accounts return to produce benchmarking data and the academies sector annual report and accounts (SARA).