Academies accounts return
Information to help academy trusts to complete their 2015 to 2016 accounts return.
PDF, 303KB, 3 pages
PDF, 541KB, 13 pages
PDF, 869KB, 45 pages
PDF, 648KB, 36 pages
EFA requires all academy trusts preparing financial statements as at 31 August 2016 and/or with open academies at 31 August 2016 to submit an accounts return for 2015 to 2016 by 31 January 2017.
We’ve published an additional guide with hints and tips about registering for the Hub and setting up the online form.
This page has:
- a guide to setting up the Hub for the academies accounts return
- a quick guide to registration and set-up issues
- a guide to completing the accounts return online form
- a guide to approving and submitting the accounts return
- an Excel workbook that follows the same structure as the new online return to assist trusts with calculating and verifying their figures before they’re entered into the online return
- a guide to completing the accounts return Excel workbook
Please note that within the guide for ‘setting up the Hub for the accounts return’ we’ve:
made it clear that external auditors only have to choose one of their clients in order to register for the Hub and the superuser for that trust should allocate the auditor a role for completing the accounts return. All trusts must enter their auditor details on the auditor information screen of the online form
we’ve updated section 2.6 to describe how superusers allocate themselves a role for the completion of the online form
Within the ‘guide to completing the online form’ we’ve updated section 2.3 to confirm that once the auditor details are entered into the online form the button marked ‘next’ should be pressed.
You can now watch a recording the accounts return webinar which provides an overview of the main features of the return with a panel providing answers to questions from academy trusts.
EFA uses information in the accounts return to produce benchmarking data and the academies sector annual report and accounts (SARA).
Published: 14 July 2014
Updated: 17 January 2017
- We've published a new guide to help trusts with registering for the Hub and setting up the online form. We've also updated the main guide to registering for the Hub so it also includes information about setting up the accounts return online form for auditors.
- Updated user guides to help trusts register to use the online form.
- Updated the workbook guide to add information about submitting a pdf of the auditor assurance statement along with the workbook (section 1.10).
- Updated with a new version of the Excel workbook.
- Updated to add guides to completing, approving and submitting the online accounts return.
- Updated with the Excel workbook and guide for completing the accounts return for 2015 to 2016.
- The Education Funding Agency has updated the page with a link to the video of the webinar for academy trusts on the most challenging aspects of the August accounts return.
- The Education Funding Agency has updated this page with information about how to register for the 2 December webinar for academies on the August accounts return.
- The Education Funding Agency has updated the accounts return template to include academies that were open as at 31 August 2015. Amendments are listed in the template's change log.
- The Education Funding Agency (EFA) has published the 2014 to 2015 accounts return. Academy trusts in scope must submit their returns to EFA by 31 January 2016.
- The Education Funding Agency has made minor updates to the formatting and to some of the background validations in the template for the August 2014 accounts return for academy trusts. Academy trusts need to complete this return by 31 January 2015 if they are preparing financial statements as at 31 August 2014 and had academies open at 31 August 2014.
- The Education Funding Agency (EFA) has updated the guide to academy trusts' accounts returns to explain how trusts should submit their returns to EFA. EFA has also made minor amendments to the accounts return template. These are detailed on the change log tab; the last tab within the template.
- First published.
From: Education Funding Agency