About shale gas and hydraulic fracturing (fracking)
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Part of:
- Shale gas, hydraulic fracturing, and other unconventional hydrocarbons, UK energy security, and Energy industry and infrastructure licensing and regulation
- First published:
- 30 July 2013
- Last updated:
- 13 January 2017, see all updates
About shale gas and hydraulic fracturing (fracking).
Guidance containing background information on the Government policy position on shale gas and other unconventional hydrocarbons in the UK.
Published: 30 July 2013
Updated: 13 January 2017
- Addition of latest government reports which have already been published on other government department websites.
- Links added to 6th April 2016 legislation.
- Inforgaphic showing what approval checks would need to take place before a company can explore for shale gas.
- About shale oil and gas videos published.
- New "Shale gas made simple" guide added.
- Background briefing note moved to this page.
- First published.