2010 to 2015 government policy: further education and training
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Introducing a new FE funding system, improving teacher training and apprenticeships.
Published: 12 December 2012
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Added information about what the TechBacc measure is and the qualifications students have to pass to achieve it.
- Policy page has changed to show updates of specific tasks that are now complete.
- Added a link to 16 to 19 study programmes for the 2014 to 2015 academic year and added information about the requirement for students who haven't achieved at least a C in maths and English GCSEs to continue studying qualifications in these subjects.
- Added information on the introduction of technical level qualifications ('tech levels') and applied general qualifications.
- Age range for traineeships was updated from 16- to 19-year-olds to 16- to 24-year-olds.
- adding information on traineeships
- Link added to new guide on the National Careers Council.
- Removed links from the actions bullet lists as we (as requested and approved) removed the supporting pages for the time being.
- First published.