This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
We're ending discrimination and making the political and constitutional system more accountable, more efficient and more effective.
Published: 20 February 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated to reflect that this is now an Act.
- Updated progress of the Bill.
- Updated to reflect introduction of the Bill on 11 September 2014.
- Added link to the committee's report on parliamentary privilege.
- Added information about the progress and expected transition of IER.
- Updated information about Mental Health (Discrimination) Act, which has now received Royal Assent.
- Updated to include the government's response to the PCRC report on recall of MPs.
- Updated details of Succession to the Crown Act; progress on the draft Bill about the recall of MPs and Mental Health (Discrimination) Act.
- First published.