2010 to 2015 government policy: childcare and early education
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
How the government is making childcare and early education accessible to more children to give them the best possible start.
Published: 22 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Detail added: Early years pupil premium
- Added link to departmental advice on establishing a childminder agency.
- Added links to the regulations governing childminder agencies to the 'bills and legislation' section.
- Added information about giving parents more easy access to informal childcare. Also added detail about early years teachers and early years educators.
- Added detail page about childminder agencies, including information on the trials we are running and the organisations involved.
- Updated to include details of 3 publications from July 2013: 'More affordable childcare', 'Early years Teachers' Standards' and 'Early years educator qualification criteria'.
- First published.