This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
How the government is working to protect and manage wildlife and areas of land, and protect biodiversity and ecosystems.
Published: 9 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated Natural capital section to include link to an overview of natural capital accounting.
- Added link to the National Pollinator Strategy.
- Added link to the payments for ecosystem services pilot review report.
- Added section on sustainable palm oil.
- Updated text under the ‘Bees and other pollinators’ heading.
- The UK National Ecosystem Assessment section updated to reflect that the follow on phase has been carried out.
- Updated non-native invasive species to reflect announcements in Queen's speech.
- Added details on wild birds: fish-eating birds.
- Information added about the London Conference on the Illegal Wildlife Trade 2014.
- Added content on bees and other pollinators.
- Pollinators Expert Advisory Group has been added.
- Added link to biodiversity offsetting consultation from the 'Stopping the loss of biodiversity in England' supporting page.
- Updated stopping the loss supporting page to reflect the publication of progress update on biodiversity 2020.
- Added links to two publications.
- Moved a paragraph
- Added paragraph and link to "Report on the Work of the Habitats and Wild Birds Directives"
- First published.