Mark Simmonds was appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office on 5 September 2012.
Previous roles in government
- Minister for Africa shines spotlight on African Great Lakes
- "The DRC Government, the wider region, MONUSCO have huge responsibilities for progress upon their shoulders"
- Local laws and customs catching British nationals out abroad
- Assisted Departure of British Nationals from Libya
- Ethiopian Chargé d’Affaires summoned to FCO over detention of British national
- Minister for Africa calls for leadership in South Sudan talks
- Minister for Africa welcomes release of Meriam Ibrahim in Sudan
- Annual statement on the Government Wine Cellar 2013-14
- New report shows FCO helped thousands of British Nationals overseas
- New Map Reveals Worldwide Impacts of Climate Change