We serve and support ex-servicemen and women, their widows or widowers and their immediate family members. We are an independent voice, here to help you whenever or wherever you served, whether in World War 2 or Afghanistan.
Who we are
Formerly known as the War Pensions Committees, we advise and liaise with veterans, their families and relevant organisations on their needs, issues and concerns. We assist, raise awareness, act as advocates and provide governance to the veterans’ community, and champion the rights of veterans and their families where there is injustice, inequality or a lack of fairness.
There are 13 VAPCs across the UK. You can contact us using the links below.
- VAPC eastern England
- VAPC London
- VAPC east Midlands
- VAPC west Midlands
- VAPC Yorkshire and Humber
- VAPC north east England
- VAPC north west England
- VAPC south west England
- VAPC south east England
If you are unsure which region you belong to and would like to be put in touch with your local VAPC, you can contact the Veterans UK Team.
Email and telephone
We are responsible for:
- assisting veterans within each region to move into civilian life, ensuring VAPC remains independence and integrity
- advising the Minister of State for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans and reviewing government initiatives about the veterans’ community
communicating veterans’ welfare concerns and other issues to:
- Veterans Welfare Service
- local authorities
- the health sector
- the media
- The Confederation of Service Charities (COBSEO)
- Transition Partnership
- Confederation of British Industry and Chambers of Commerce
- developing relationships with local and national charities to support and enhance the assistance they provide
- supporting and advising large organisations, and the public and health sectors with implementing the principles of the armed forces covenant and community covenant to ensure best practice
- working with local authorities, hospices, the health sector, the media, COBSEO, Transition Partnership, CBI and chambers of commerce on health and housing issues in support of the community covenant and to raise awareness of veterans’ issues
For more details about the VAPC visit our guide
You can contact VAPC by the following methods: