The UK Atomic Energy Authority is a non-departmental public body under the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, established under the Atomic Energy Act 1954.
The UK Atomic Energy Authority Board is the organisation’s main decision-making body and provides collective strategic and corporate leadership to the organisation. The Board meets 5-7 times per year.
The Board members are:
- Professor David Gann, Chair
- Professor Ian Chapman, Chief Executive Officer
- Antonia Jenkinson, Chief Financial Officer
- Norman Harrison, non-executive director & chair of the Remuneration Committee
- Shrin Honap, non-executive director & chair of the Audit Committee
- Sue Scane, non-executive director
- Professor Sir Adrian Smith, non-executive director
- Chris Theobald, non-executive director & chair of the Board Assurance Committee