The UK Atomic Energy Authority is a non-departmental public body under the Department of Business Innovation & Skills, established under the Atomic Energy Act 1954.
The UK Atomic Energy Authority Board is the organisation’s main decision-making body and provides collective strategic and corporate leadership to the organisation. The Board meets 5-7 times per year.
The Board members are:
- Professor Roger Cashmore, chairman
- Professor Ian Chapman, chief executive officer
- Professor Sir Keith Burnett, non-executive director
- Norman Harrison, non-executive director & chair of the Remuneration Committee
- Peter Jones, non-executive director & chair of the Audit Committee
- Chris Theobald, non-executive director & chair of the Board Assurance Committee
- Dr Jim Hutchins, non-executive director