Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means
- Telephone: 0300 123 1072
- Outside UK: +44 300 123 1072
Call HMRC for advice on probate and Inheritance Tax following a death, including:
- understanding your Inheritance Tax responsibilities
- confirming the forms you need
- getting paper copies of forms
- completing Inheritance Tax forms
9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Closed weekends and bank holidays
Write to HMRC with queries and correspondence about Inheritance Tax.
You don’t need to include a street name, city name or PO box when writing to this address.
Couriers should use a different address.
There is a different address for Inheritance tax payments.
Probate forms should be sent to your local Probate Registry.
Please give the HMRC reference number, or tell HMRC the full name and date of death of the person who has died.