Guardian's Allowance

Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means

Online forms

If HMRC needs to contact you about anything confidential they’ll reply by phone or post.


  • Telephone: 0300 200 3101
  • Textphone: 0300 200 3103

Call HMRC to find out if you’re eligible for Guardians Allowance, get a claim pack, or to report a change of circumstance.

Find out about call charges

Opening times:

8.30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday

Closed Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays


Send your claim form to HMRC, or write to report a change of circumstances.

HM Revenue and Customs - Guardian's Allowance Unit
Child Benefit Office
PO Box 1
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE88 1AA
United Kingdom

Help us improve GOV.UK

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.