We are building an economy that works for everyone, so that there are great places in every part of the UK for people to work and for businesses to invest, innovate and grow.
Read more about what we do.
Apply for a job
You can search for a job, including entry level programmes, on the Civil Service Careers site.
We also take successful candidates from centrally-run civil service recruitment schemes such as the Fast Stream Development Programme.
Join our graduate or experienced entrants programmes
We are offering opportunities for outstanding candidates to join our 2 leadership programmes:
- Graduate programme - this is targeted at recent graduates with outstanding potential
- Experienced Entrant programme - this is for those with at least 3 years relevant work experience who would like to further their development in policy and leadership
Find out about the programmes and how to apply.
Develop your career in BEIS
We offer a wide variety of career opportunities and we value professional expertise that includes:
- policy making and delivery
- contract management
- marketing and communications
- human resources (HR)
- project management
- event delivery
Benefits of working for BEIS
BEIS is a rewarding place to work, offering:
- job satisfaction: making a positive contribution to the UK’s economy
- flexible working
- family friendly policies including maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks full pay, followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid, and paternity leave of 2 weeks full pay
- unique and exciting roles within government
- learning and development opportunities
- a diverse and inclusive workplace
- competitive salaries and benefits packages
BEIS is responsible for a number of non-departmental public bodies (NDPBs). Our public appointments - generally ministerial appointments to the board of a public body or advisory committee - are advertised on the Cabinet Office Public Appointments website.