We are responsible for:
- industrial strategy
- science, research and innovation
- energy and clean growth
- climate change
From 2021 to 2022, our priorities will be to:
- fight coronavirus by helping businesses to bounce back from the impacts of COVID-19, supporting a safe return to the workplace and accelerating the development and manufacture of a vaccine
- tackle climate change: reduce UK greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050
- unleash innovation and accelerate science and technology throughout the country to increase productivity and UK global influence
- back long-term growth: boost enterprise by making the UK the best place in the world to start and grow a business
Read our Outcome Delivery Plan to find out how we are performing against our priorities.
Who we are
BEIS replaced the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) in July 2016. We employ around 5,000 staff who work in our offices in London, Aberdeen and around the UK.
Read our annual report and accounts.