We are responsible for:
- industrial strategy
- science, research and innovation
- energy and clean growth
- climate change
From 2019 to 2020, our priorities will be to:
- deliver an ambitious Industrial Strategy
- maximise investment opportunities and bolster UK interests as we leave the EU
- promote competitive markets and responsible business practices
- ensure the UK has a reliable, low cost and clean energy system
- build a flexible, innovative, collaborative and business-facing department
Read our Single Departmental Plan to find out how we are performing against our priorities.
Who we are
BEIS replaced the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) in July 2016. We employ around 3,000 staff who work in our offices in London, Aberdeen and around the UK.