What we do
We encourage fair and efficient arrangements in the workplace by resolving collective disputes in England, Scotland and Wales, either by voluntary agreement or, if necessary, through a legal decision.
Who we are
We’re an independent body with statutory powers. The committee has 50 members, including the chairman, 9 deputy chairmen, 15 members experienced as representatives of workers and 26 experienced as representatives of employers. We’re supported by a team of 7 based in London.
Finance Supervisors & Assistant Case Managers
We’re responsible for the following areas of dispute:
- the statutory recognition of trade unions
- the disclosure of information for collective bargaining
- applications and complaints related to information and consultation arrangements
- establishing and operating european works councils
- complaints about the level of involvement employees have in certain decisions covered by regulations related to European companies, cooperative societies and cross-border mergers
We also offer voluntary arbitration in collective disputes.