Who we are
We’re an independent body with statutory powers. The committee has 55 members, including the chair, 12 deputy chairs, 18 members experienced as representatives of workers and 24 experienced as representatives of employers. We’re supported by a team of 7 based in London.
Acting Chief Executive
Finance Supervisor & Assistant Case Manager
Finance & Case Support Officer
We’re responsible for the following areas of dispute:
- the statutory recognition of trade unions
- the disclosure of information for collective bargaining
- applications and complaints related to information and consultation arrangements
- establishing and operating european works councils
- complaints about the level of involvement employees have in certain decisions covered by regulations related to European companies, cooperative societies and cross-border mergers
We also offer voluntary arbitration in collective disputes.