World news story
Top tips for Bruneian students applying for a UK student visa
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
If you are heading to the UK to study this year, read our top tips on making a Tier 4 student visa application.
- Apply as early as you can. You can apply up to 3 months in advance.
- You will need a certificate of acceptance for studies (CAS) from your chosen place of study before you make an application.
- You should read the guidance on Tier 4 student visas at Tier 4 (General) Student Visa.
- You should know what additional supporting documents you will require for your application and allow plenty of time to get these together.
- If you are a Bruneian passport holder and applying in Brunei you do not need to provide education certificates or bank statements with your application, although you must be able to provide them if you are asked at a later date.
- Your bank statements should show that you have had the required maintenance funds in your bank account for at least 28 days prior to paying your student visa fee online.
- You will need a TB certificate from an approved TB test clinic.
- Some applicants might also need a secure English Language Test certificate and/or an ATAS certificate.
- You must provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English
- You should complete your Tier 4 student visa application form, pay your visa fee and book an appointment at your visa application centre online at Visa4UK.
- You should only complete your application form in English.
- Take a printed copy of your application form, your passport, a passport photo and any supporting documents that you require to your visa application centre appointment.
- As you will have completed your application online, Appendix 8 is not required.
- You should expect your visa to be processed within 15 working days. If you need it quicker, you can choose our 3-5 day priority visa service.
- Staff at the British High Commission and the visa application centre cannot help you with visa enquiries but go to Visas and Immigration for further guidance and the visa enquiry centre contact details.