Statistical press notice: Access to GUM services – July 2011
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The lates Access to GUM services statistics were released today by the Department of Health.
The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 31st July 2011.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours. Main findings are:
• The percentage of first appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.91% for July 2011. It was 99.94%for June 2011.
• The percentage of first attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of first attendances was 88.41% for July 2011. It was 88.42% for June 2011.
• The total number of first attendances was 127,549 in July 2011 which is 6,074 per working day. It was 6,213 per working day in June 2011.
• The total number of attendances was 180,546 in July 2011 which is 8,597 per working day. It was 8,763 per working day in June 2011.
• The collection covers 133 NHS providers and three Independent Sector providers that are responsible for 206 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
GUMAMM data is available on the Department of Health website.
Published: 22 September 2011
From: Department of Health