The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
GUMAMM for month ending 31st July 2011.
This data shows the number of first attendances to a GUM clinic for each clinic provider, how many of these attendances were offered an appointment within 48 hours and how many were seen within 48 hours. Main findings are:
• The percentage of first appointments offered within 48 hours was 99.91% for July 2011. It was 99.94%for June 2011.
• The percentage of first attendances seen within 48 hours as a proportion of the total number of first attendances was 88.41% for July 2011. It was 88.42% for June 2011.
• The total number of first attendances was 127,549 in July 2011 which is 6,074 per working day. It was 6,213 per working day in June 2011.
• The total number of attendances was 180,546 in July 2011 which is 8,597 per working day. It was 8,763 per working day in June 2011.
• The collection covers 133 NHS providers and three Independent Sector providers that are responsible for 206 GUM clinics providing type 3 services.
GUMAMM data is available on the Department of Health website.