Ofsted has today (Monday 19 June) issued its annual point-in-time questionnaires to children’s social services.
The questionnaires are about children’s homes, fostering services, adoption agencies, adoption support agencies and residential family centres.
Ofsted inspectors want to hear what children and young people, staff, social workers and other professionals have to say about these services. Their responses will help inform future inspections.
Questions for children and young people include:
- do staff look after you well?
- do you feel safe in your children’s home?
- can you talk to staff about how you feel?
Questions for parents and carers include:
- can your child take part in activities that interest them?
- are your child’s health needs met?
- does your child have good relationships with the staff at the home?
Ofsted is asking for responses by 13 August 2017.
In August 2017 Ofsted will also send questionnaires to residential provision in further education colleges and boarding and residential special schools.
Services should provide staff and users with a link to the questionnaire. Alternatively, anyone wishing to offer their views can contact Ofsted on 0300 123 1231 (select option 5 and then option 2) or email email@example.com.
There is guidance for providers, including a promotional poster.