Expert and lay members appointed to Committee on Mutagenicity of Chemicals in Food, Consumer Products and the Environment (COM).
COM advises government on the stability of chemicals used in pesticides, pharmaceuticals and other products.
They have announced the following appointments to its committee:
- Dr Gill Clare (self-employed consultant on genetic toxicologist and a Cytogenetic consultant at Covance Laboratories Ltd)
- Dr Shareen Doak (research reader at the Institute of Life Science, College of Medicine, Swansea University)
- Professor Michael O’Donovan (Professor Associate at the Institute of Cancer Genetics and Pharmacogenomics, Brunel University and Honorary Senior Lecturer in the School of Biomedical Science, Liverpool University)
- Ms Philippa Hardwick (Barrister and District Councillor, a Member of Lord Chancellor’s Advisory Sub-Committee for Central Sussex and a Trustee of the Trusthouse Charitable Foundation)
- Professor Michael Rennie (Associate lecturer at the Open University in health related sciences; and Emeritus Professor of Clinical Physiology University of Nottingham)
More information, including details of declarations of interest and any political activity, can be found on the COM website.