COM advises government on the stability of chemicals used in pesticides, pharmaceuticals and other products.
They have announced the following appointments to its committee:
- Dr Gill Clare (self-employed consultant on genetic toxicologist and a Cytogenetic consultant at Covance Laboratories Ltd)
- Dr Shareen Doak (research reader at the Institute of Life Science, College of Medicine, Swansea University)
- Professor Michael O’Donovan (Professor Associate at the Institute of Cancer Genetics and Pharmacogenomics, Brunel University and Honorary Senior Lecturer in the School of Biomedical Science, Liverpool University)
- Ms Philippa Hardwick (Barrister and District Councillor, a Member of Lord Chancellor’s Advisory Sub-Committee for Central Sussex and a Trustee of the Trusthouse Charitable Foundation)
- Professor Michael Rennie (Associate lecturer at the Open University in health related sciences; and Emeritus Professor of Clinical Physiology University of Nottingham)
More information, including details of declarations of interest and any political activity, can be found on the COM website.