This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
The 12th edition of the Manual of Nutrition has been published.
It describes the roles and sources of the major nutrients and provides a valuable contribution to the understanding of the role food plays in our health and wellbeing.
The Manual provides an essential reference for nutritionists, dieticians, health professionals, students and teachers.
This edition includes the following updates:
- values for the typical nutrient content of commonly eaten foods
- nutrient intake of the population
- new information from the Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition’s energy report (Dietary Reference Values for Energy 2011)
- information on caffeine and iron intake for pregnant women
- the Chief Medical Officer’s physical activity guidelines that were revised last year
The Manual is available to purchase from the TSO (The Stationery Office)