Up to £350,000 is available to develop innovative remediation treatments for illegal waste sites and to find ways of reducing the negative impact of these sites on the environment.
This competition is part of the Northern Ireland Environment Agency’s (NIEA) remediation strategy for the Mobuoy Road illegal waste site. We are looking to fund projects that provide proof of concept and prototypes of innovative new technologies and processes.
Solutions must be appropriate for use at the Mobuoy Road site as well as other illegal waste sites in Northern Ireland. There may also be commercial opportunities to apply relevant technologies to regulated landfill sites.
This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition run in partnership with Innovate UK. The Department of Agriculture, Environment & Rural Affairs (DAERA), through the Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA), is funding this competition as part of the Northern Ireland Executive’s Pilot SBRI Challenge Fund.
- the competition opens on 27 June 2016
- the deadline for registration is noon on 17 August 2016
- the deadline for applications is noon on 24 August 2016
- at least 50% of the contract value must be for research and development
- development contracts should last for up to 6 months