Sebastian James, Group Operations Director at Dixons Retail plc, today published his independent Capital review.
The report, along with a letter from Sebastian James to Secretary of State for Education Michael Gove, can be found in the associated resources section in the right-hand column of this page.
Welcoming the report, Michael Gove MP said:
I thank Sebastian James and his review team for their incredibly hard work and Partnerships for Schools for their help with the review. I welcome this independent report and we will respond soon. The system we inherited had profound problems. We must have a system for school building which is much simpler, less bureaucratic, and which targets priority projects.
The Capital review team is made up of a panel of experts led by Sebastian James - Group Operations Director of Dixons Retail plc. The other members of the team are:
- Kevin Grace, Tesco; Director of Property Services
- Barry Quirk; Chief Executive of Lewisham
- John Hood; former Vice-Chancellor of University of Oxford
- Sir John Egan; former Chief Executive of Jaguar and BAA
- Ben Gordon; Chief Executive of Mothercare plc.
Education Secretary Michael Gove announced on 5 July 2010 the Capital Review under the chairmanship of Sebastian James.