This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
New visa, immigration and nationality application and service fees come into effect from 6 April 2014.
The government has introduced new fees for visas, immigration and nationality applications, and associated premium services.
The changes are equivalent to a 4% rise for most fees, including the short-term visitor visa and most work, study and settlement applications. Targeted increases have also been made to other specific categories.
These increases will allow us to continue to improve our customer service and ensure that those who benefit most from the immigration and visa service meet more of the costs.
- fees for most applications, including short-term visit, work, study and settlement, increase by 4%
- fees for all dependants are set at the same level as main applicants (25% discount for in-UK dependants applying with main applicants removed)
- nationality fees restructured, with discounts for child applications
- priority postal service fee rises to £300 and the in-person application fee to £400
- fee for direct airside transit visa decreases to £40
- sponsorship fees for Tier 2 large sponsor licenses and sponsor action plans decrease, and a number of other sponsorship fees are frozen
- Tier 2 shortage occupations fee of £428 is introduced for applicants both overseas and in the UK
- new 5 year Tier 2 general and ICT applications introduced
- 10 year long term visit visa frozen at £737
- new registered traveller fee introduced when the scheme is rolled-out
The Home Office will also set a single global fee for a number of optional premium services for applications made outside the UK, as well as expanding many of these services.
- 3 to 5 day priority visa service for £100, or £300 for priority settlement applications
- super priority visa service, with turnaround in as little as 24 hours for £600
- new user pays visa application centres, where applicants can submit applications in more convenient locations for a fee of £59
- appointments outside office hours for a fee of £50 and an expanded passport pass-back service for £40
Further details of the new fees can be found in the visa fees table.