Global Business Summit on Energy: £100 million fund investment
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has announced a new £100 million fund for green investment.
A new £100 million fund for green investment was announced today by Deputy Prime Minister (DPM) Nick Clegg.
Speaking on the first day of the Global Business Summit on Energy the DPM revealed that the UK Green Investments (UKGI) team, based in the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), will provide initial funding of £100m to two Non-Domestic Energy Efficiency (NDEE) fund managers - Equitix and SDCL.
The Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg said:
The UK is the sixth largest market in low carbon goods and environmental services and this coalition government is unreservedly committed to helping our low carbon sector thrive. We seek nothing less than a clean, green, low carbon economy. There is a global energy revolution underway. And the UK is not going to be left behind. We’re leading from the front. Together we find ourselves at the vanguard of one of the most dynamic, most innovative, most important industries of our time; an industry whose breakthroughs and endeavours will shape our societies for years to come; an industry that will help us build a more stable, more sustainable, more prosperous world.
The two-day summit will focus on the delivery of safe, secure, sustainable and smarter energy ecosystems, from extraction through to the end user and will feature seminars, networking events and one-to-one business meetings.
In addition to ministers, attending the summit will be an audience of entrepreneurs and business leaders in the energy sector, as well as British Business Ambassadors.
- Global Business Summit on Energy (UKTI website)
- Deputy Prime Minister’s speech at the Global Business Summit on Energy
- Government announces £100 million fund for green investment and welcomes new jobs
- Follow the @UKTI Twitter Feed and join in the conversation using #BritBizEmbassy
- View Global Business Summit on Energy on a smartphone device
- View Global Business Summit on Energy on a tablet device
Published: 6 August 2012
Updated: 9 September 2013
- Changes to title and summary to fit with GDS standards on length. Additional changes to style within the body of the document for bullet points and quotes.
- First published.