- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs and Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science
- Part of:
- Marine fisheries
- 28 November 2014
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Fishermen are invited to propose Fisheries Science Partnership project ideas for 2015/16.
Cefas and the FSP panel are keen to see proposals that will help the implementation of the Common Fisheries Policy reform especially innovative approaches to the forthcoming demersal landing obligation or discard ban.
Project examples include, but are not restricted to:
- Mixed-fishery and regional approaches
- Selectivity improvements (including new gear)
- Discard-survivability studies
- Spatial adaptations
- Emerging issues in support of the Advisory Councils (ACs).
Cefas FSP lead Sarah Walmsley said:
“Project ideas should be practical, able to deliver a real solution, come from fishermen and meet at least one of the FSP objectives”.
More information, including details of how to submit ideas are available, on the Fisheries Science Partnership.
Published: 28 November 2014