This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Advice for Great Britain tennis fans travelling to Naples for the Italy v Great Britain tennis match, Friday 4 April to Sunday 6 April 2014.
Dates: Friday 4 April to Sunday 6 April
Venue: Tennis Club Napoli, Naples, Davis Cup quarterfinals, 4 to 6 April 2014
Starting time: 12 midday (local time)
As well as this advice, check out our travel advice for Italy.
Passports and visas:
Please check your passport and visa details:
- you don’t need a visa to travel to Italy, but check that your passport is valid for your whole trip to Italy.
- remember your European Health Insurance Card - EHIC, but also take out travel insurance, even if you’re going for only one night - it could save you a lot of money if you get into difficulties
- in Italy and it is obligatory to carry ID with you at all times (it is advisable to bring with you a copy of your passport biodata page, should you lose or have your passport stolen).
- if you lose your passport, or have it stolen, you will need to obtain an Emergency Travel Document from the British Consulate in Rome (1 - 2 hours by train). You will need to supply a police report, flight reservation and one photo. Fee: €121
Getting to the Tennis Club Napoli
Options for getting to the Tennis Club Napoli.
The Tennis Club Napoli is located here:
Viale Antonio Dohrn
Telephone: +39 081 669588.
From the Capodichino Airport
- the easiest way to reach the Tennis Club is to by taxi or bus. You will find both just outside the Arrivals Terminal.
- by bus: Alibus goes directly to the Central Railway Station in Piazza Garibaldi. From there you can take the Metro and get off at Piazza Amedeo Station or Mergellina Station. The tennis club is within walking distance (10-15 minutes), see map. The bus leaves from the airport every 30 minutes, from 06.00am to midnight. The ticket costs €4 and it is possible to buy it on the bus from the driver.
- by taxi: the taxi fare to the Tennis Club from the airport is approximately €25-30. Please ask the driver to use the meter and pay only what is shown on the taxi meter or ask to use the predetermined fare. You may pay a surplus of €0,50 for each piece of luggage, plus €2,60 as an airport supplement. Official taxis are white and metered on their front doors. There are taxi stands at most of the city’s main piazzas. Alternatively you can use the “call a cab service”, available 24/7 – (the “call a cab” service has an additional cost of €1 on the taxi fare): Telephone: +39 081 570 7070/ +39 081 8888 / + 081 555 5555 /+39 081 0101 / +39 081 2222
From the train station
- If you arrive by train, the Central Railway Station is in the center of the city. The easiest way to reach the Tennis Club from here is to take the Metro map (which is inside Central Railway Station in Piazza Garibaldi) and descend at the Piazza Amedeo Station or Mergellina Station. The Tennis Club is within walking distance (10/15 minutes), see map.
- the ticket collection desk is located at:
via Partenope 48
Thursday 3 April from 4pm to 8pm and Friday 4 April from 8am to 10.30am
Telephone: +39 081 764 0111
- payment on the day can only be made by cheques payable to LTA Operations Ltd.
- tickets area can be checked on the Tennis Club Napoli site
- Naples is the largest city in southern Italy. For historical and touristic info in English please visit the Naples City Council site
- as in any other city, beware of pickpockets and bag snatchers at the airport, railway stations, around the town historical centre (the Spanish quarters) and when using public transport. Only carry what you need, leave spare cash and valuables in hotel safety deposits and never leave valuables or anything on show in cars.
- local info for Naples
- Trenitalia website
Contact the British Consulate in Rome
British Consulate Rome
Via Venti Settembre, 80/a
9am to 12 midday / 2pm to 3pm Monday to Friday
Telephone: +39 06 4220 2431 (also for out of hours emergencies)
For more information please visit British Embassy in Rome website
Emergency service numbers
- 112: Carabinieri
- 113: Police
- 118: Emergency ambulance
- 115: Fire brigade