Chief Secretary, David Gauke, attends finance ministers quadrilateral meeting
Chief Secretary to the Treasury, meets with finance ministers from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland for constructive discussion.
A finance ministers quadrilateral meeting was held today in 1 Horse Guards Road under the chairmanship of the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Rt Hon David Gauke MP.
The participants were:
- from HM government: the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Rt Hon David Gauke MP; the Secretary of State for Scotland, Rt Hon David Mundell MP; the Secretary of State for Wales, the Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP; the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, Rt Hon James Brokenshire MP
- from the Welsh government the Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Local Government, Mark Drakeford AM
- from the Northern Ireland Executive the Minister of Finance, Máirtín Ó Muilleoir MLA
- from the Scottish Government the Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Constitution, Derek Mackay MSP
The 5 principal agenda items at the meeting were:
- EU funding
- Autumn Statement
- taxes and levies
- financial transactions
- classification of housing