Read about how our update service can benefit you.
Over 300,000 of you have now joined our update service, benefiting from being able to keep your DBS certificate up to date and take it from role to role, where the same level and type of check are required.
Employers have also been taking advantage of free, instant online status checks of individuals’ DBS certificates where they have joined. Over half a million status checks have been carried out. This means they have not had to apply for a new check and wait for the DBS certificate to come through when they are recruiting someone or if want to carry out a re-check on an individual.
Managing your update service subscription
When you join the update service, you must keep your contact details up-to-date so we can contact you about your subscription if needed. You can do this by logging into your account and clicking the change address details link.
Amending your contact details will not change the address on a linked DBS certificate, but means that we have your most up-to-date contact information.
You can also:
- view the reference details of any applications and/or DBS certificates linked to your subscription
- view the update status of any DBS certificate linked to your subscription
- add and remove applications and DBS certificates. All applications and DBS certificates attached to your subscription must be in the same name
- view the details of any organisations that have made a status check of your DBS certificates
- renew your subscription (this option is only available 14 days before your subscription expires)
- view the status and expiration date of your subscription
More information about the update service is available to read in our guidance collection.