Guidance for the applicant about the DBS update service, how to join and how to renew a subscription to the service.
PDF, 188KB, 12 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Published: 23 May 2013
Updated: 26 October 2016
- Updated the renewals section. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email safe senders or safe recipients list so you get your renewal reminder.
- Updated to explain that a subscription must be renewed by the day before the subscription expiry date.
- Added information about renewing an update service subscription to the second section of the guide 'Joining the update service'.
- Added more information about monitoring statuses, certificate changes and status checks.
- Added the applicant guide in Welsh.
- Applicants now have 19 calendar days to join the update service with their DBS certificate number.
- Added more information about the ID number that applicants need to make a note of when they join the update service.
- Update to question 47 in the FAQ section.
- Wording of application reference changed to application form reference. Also added more information about applicant actions when there is a status change.
- Amendment to question 41.
- Updated in response to customer feedback.
- Version 3.2 added with additional guidance.
- New version 3.1
- New version.
- Minor amendment to document.
- Updated with version 2.
- First published.