DBS update service guidance
Guidance, news articles and promotional material for the DBS update service.
Guidance for applicants
You can join the update service as soon as you have your application form reference number. You can ask for the number when you apply for your DBS check.
Or you can join the update service with your certificate number when you receive your DBS certificate. If so, you must do so within 30 calendar days of the date of issue which is printed on the certificate.
You can log in to the update service if you have already joined.
Guidance for employers
Published: 17 October 2013
Updated: 4 September 2014
- Added a link to the status check website for employers.
- Applicants now have 19 calendar to join the DBS update service with their certificate reference number.
- Added guidance about renewing your subscription to the update service.
- Added links to subscribe to the Update Service or log-in for existing members.
- Added the DBS application form insert to tell applicants about the Update Service and online tracking.
- First published.