The International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) has recognised the work we are doing on contract management.
We are delighted to announce that the IACCM has awarded us winner of their Visionary Change Innovation Prize for our work on pre- and post-contract activity to extract maximum value for the taxpayer. In less than a year:
- contract management standards have been developed, forming the basis of a training programme
- more than 200 employees have taken part in training, resulting in increased collaboration, more robust practices and the establishment of key performance indicators
- a contract tiering tool and shared contract repository has been launched, and more than 450 contracts have been tiered and over 600 contracts and 80 frameworks across 11 departments have been loaded to the easily accessible repository allowing for real-time reviews
- more than half of the managed contracts now have an operation manual in place with key governance information and over 150 contracts now have a planner in place with scheduled contract management activities
- the training programme and its objectives have been introduced to government departments including the Ministry of Defence, Department for Work and Pensions, Home Office and Department for Transport
If you would like to find out more about our work in this area you can read the full contract management standards guidance