You can now submit requests, as part of a targeted exercise for apprenticeships and traineeships growth for the 2016 to 2017 funding year.
The government is committed to expanding apprenticeships and traineeships. To support this commitment we are running a targeted growth exercise to grow 16 to 18 and 19+ apprenticeship delivery in the following areas:
- higher and /or degree level apprenticeships
- food, farming and agritech apprenticeships
- STEM based apprenticeships
- other standards (not frameworks)
We will also fund credible growth cases on 16 to 18 traineeships and 19 to 24 traineeships.
When reviewing growth requests we will consider the following principles:
- your final 2014 to 2015 apprenticeship and traineeship delivery
- your 2015 to 2016 delivery against year-to-date profiles, as set out in annex A of the Operational Performance Management Rules 2015 to 2016
- you can prove that there is immediate demand from employers or learners that you cannot meet from your current contract value
- you can provide details of the frameworks / standards you will deliver on food, farming and agritech apprenticeships and/or other STEM based apprenticeships or a specific commitment from an employer confirming an agreed volume of starts
- we are confident that awarding an increase to your contract value is good use of public funds
If you meet the criteria outlined above, please submit your growth request form to: ProviderPerformanceManagement@sfa.bis.gov.uk by 5:00 pm on Friday 20 May.
Where requesting additional funds to deliver standards please remember to include costs relating to incentive payments. Additional details of the funding model for standards is included in the Apprenticeship standards funding rules 2016 to 2017.
For this growth exercise, we will also review the baseline data used in calculating 2016 to 2017 allocations and where more recent data shows evidence of increased performance we may increase your allocation accordingly. You do not need to include reference to this within your growth request.
Funding awarded through this exercise will be added to 2016 to 2017 allocations for P1 to 12.
For further information or related queries, please contact your Central Delivery Service adviser in the first instance.
Published: 11 May 2016
From: Skills Funding Agency