Make an apprenticeship agreement
You must sign an apprenticeship agreement with your apprentice.
This gives details of:
- the skill, trade or occupation the apprentice is being trained for
- the name of the apprenticeship they’re working towards
- the start and end dates for the apprenticeship
- the amount of training you’ll give them
You can write your own apprentice agreement or download an apprenticeship agreement template.
You must sign a commitment statement with your apprentice and the training provider.
You can write your own commitment statement or use the ESFA apprenticeship commitment statement template.
It must include:
- the planned content and schedule for training
- what is expected and offered by the employer, the training provider and the apprentice
- how to resolve queries or complaints