Oil and gas sector strategy: call for industry's views
- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills and The Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable
- Part of:
- Industrial strategy and Energy industry and infrastructure licensing and regulation
- 18 December 2012
- Last updated:
- 20 December 2012, see all updates
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Detail of outcome
This consultation ran from
A call for industry's views on the proposed industrial strategy for the oil and gas sector.
The Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) announced that the oil and gas sector will be 1 of 10 sector strategies that will be part of the government’s Industrial Strategy.
The industry’s contribution is essential, as BIS and the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) develop this work in partnership with Oil and Gas UK.
Sector strategies will be co-developed and implemented with industry to be durable and will:
- concentrate long-term: developing the potential for the sector and what needs to happen from both government and business to get there
- be co-created with industry: requiring both business and government to achieve specific actions to maintain and develop long-term abilities
- take a whole of government approach: looking across government to identify barriers and levers that have the biggest impacts and align these to generate growth
- involve all the sector: working with industry and identifying actions that benefit business across the whole supply chain whether they are large, medium or small
We welcome industry’s views, particularly through January 2013.
Published: 18 December 2012
Updated: 20 December 2012
- Added BIS to URN and removed capitals.
- First published.