This consultation ran from to
We are consulting on which bodies should be granted access to the investigation powers under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA).
This consultation covers the following 5 issues:
- the extension of powers to bodies with some existing investigation powers
- provision of powers to new public bodies
- allocation of new powers provided by the Policing and Crime Act 2009
- changes to the level of seniority for Senior Appropriate Officers for the authorisation of the exercise of certain powers
- removal of existing powers from two bodies