- Department for Business, Innovation & Skills and Department for Education
- Part of:
- Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework and Higher Education and Research Bill
- 16 May 2016
- Last updated:
- 29 September 2016, see all updates
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Summary of consultation responses and the government’s response outlining the amendments to the proposed Teaching Excellence Framework.
We're seeking your views on the operation of the Teaching Excellence Framework in year 2, including the assessment framework and process.
This consultation ran from
This consultation is seeking views on the detailed proposals for the operation of the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) in year 2, including:
- how the TEF will assess teaching excellence
- the criteria that will define teaching excellence
- how judgements about excellence will be made, including the evidence base and use of core metrics
- how TEF outcomes will be communicated
This technical consultation should be read with the government’s white paper. It sets out the broad delivery framework for the TEF across years 1 to 4 and covers the operation of the TEF in year 1.
Ref: BIS/16/262 PDF, 879KB, 63 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Published: 16 May 2016
Updated: 29 September 2016
- Added government response.
- First published.