Small Business Commissioner: process for handling complaints
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Part of:
- Business enterprise and Business regulation
- 13 October 2016
- Last updated:
- 24 February 2017, see all updates
This consultation has concluded
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This document sets out the government response to the consultation on the policy underpinning the Small Business Commissioner’s complaints handling function. It includes draft regulations which are provided for comment.
Detail of feedback received
We received 23 responses to the consultation. These came from:
- business representative bodies
- professional bodies
- small businesses
This consultation ran from
We're seeking views on how the Small Business Commissioner will handle complaints.
We’re seeking views from businesses of all sizes on how the Small Business Commissioner will handle complaints.
This includes proposals on the following areas:
- small businesses that should be in scope of the commissioner’s services
- criteria for making complaints to the commissioner
- how the commissioner will consider, determine and make recommendations for complaints
- publishing reports and recommendations on complaints
Published: 13 October 2016
Updated: 24 February 2017
- Added government response.
- First published.